Can you create a simple WordPress Ecommerce Store without using WooCommerce? Of course, you can. There are always WordPress development options based on the needs and goals of your store.
WooCommerce is an excellent platform for Ecommerce. Woo is by far the leader in the WordPress Community, but sometimes it can be overkill if you have just a couple of items with limited product variations. What do I mean by product variations? Think about a t-shirt company. Typically you can order one shirt design in various colors and sizes. Multiple SKUs are ideal for a WooCommerce WordPress site. (See: http://trinitywebmedia.com/portfolio/bluespotindustrial.) But what if that does not describe your business needs? What if you have one-off products or custom pieces to sell with no variations? Here’s another way to skin that cat.
WordPress Ecommerce Store Using Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms in the leader in WordPress contact systems — but it can be so much more. Here are the steps we take to build Simple WordPress Ecommerce Store.
1. Purchase a Gravity Forms license and install the plugin.
2. From the WordPress dashboard navigate to ‘Forms’ > ‘Add-Ons’
3. Based on your needs select a payment gateway. Gravity Forms offers multiple payment systems as add-ons. The most popular for smaller stores are Stripe and PayPal. Click install and your payment gateway is set up to work with the form we will create.
4. Navigate to ‘Forms’ > ‘Settings’ and select the payment system selected to configure as per their instructions.
5. Create a new form to support your business model. Here are examples of how a simple form looks on the back-end and front-end.
6. Create a WordPress page that highlights your product aesthetically and with descriptive text.
7. Embed your newly created Gravity Form and Publish.
It’s as easy as that. By using Gravity Forms and keeping things simple, you will not have to worry about WooCommerce updates, complicated settings, and other headaches. Please remember this solution is not for every WordPress Ecommerce Store, but it is a great solution when your offering is limited. (Please see our example site: http://anjalishalit.com for any further clarifications.
Go ahead and try it and let’s democratize selling!