Even if you’re well aware of how people react within your company, it’s equally important to be mindful of how others feel. Keeping your finger on the pulse of your online perception is crucial to the longevity of your brand. Whether it’s going forward or managing previously left reviews, keep in mind the importance of your reputation.
As Google Reviews continues to expand amongst many other review platforms, reputation management has become more crucial than ever before. Fortunately, as more companies open ears to what people are saying, more tools are becoming readily available.
Check out this week’s Trinity Web Minute on reputation management with Greg Taylor below. He covers the various tools you use to track your online perception as well as why this is so important.
Everyone, thanks checking out another bonus episode of the new Marketing Show catching us on Instagram, TV, YouTube, wherever you’re getting this content we definitely appreciate you watching. So today let’s talk about something, a topic within digital marketing that we don’t discuss that often, which is reputation management.
Do you know what people are saying about you online? Do you know what people are saying? and how they’re leaving reviews and what the reviews say, you know, if you don’t, this is something that you should definitely tap into. There’s a number of different ways to do it. Of course, through social media, there’s a lot of different tools like Hootsuite that you can use to do some active listening.
You know, a lot of times on social, everybody consumes with what they want to say that they don’t really listen to what everybody else is saying. So it’s super important anytime anybody mentioned you by name or mentored you by brand. You know, you can even drill down and do some stuff when people are talking about industry stuff.
More specifically when it comes to your record. reputation. Your reputation isn’t just what you put out there, your reputation is mostly what other people say about you. It’s just like life and how things work in the real world. So if you’re not doing anything to monitor your reputation, you’re really missing opportunities to one, correct the facts and control the narrative.
And to help somebody, make sure that your brand is always in the right light. Make sure you can do some active social customer service. And make sure that you can go ahead and control your brand’s destiny.
Because in this day and age, you know, have you so much user generated content. we are only in control of our brand, maybe 75 to 80% the other 20% 25% when you’re doing things really right, comes from what other people say about you.
So don’t you want to know what nice things are saying about you. Or conversely, if they’re not saying if they’re saying some not so nice things, you also have a chance to operate to correct that into address them. So, active listening reputation management, they go hand in hand.
Also one tool that I love using Google Alerts. anytime anybody posts anything about you, when the alert is set up for your brand name or for your personal name, or even the geo and your brand name, you will get an email either that day or if you have a set for weekly or at when it happens that will alert you to what people are posting what people are saying about you.
So tap into Google Alerts, alerts. use things like Hootsuite for active listening. Make sure you control your own destiny and your reputation. Great. Thanks for watching. Thanks for listening. For more content like this. You can check us out at Trinitywebmedia.com/Apple-podcasts.