Working with a digital marketing professional can be the gateway to your brand’s overall social media, web development and digital marketing success. In this day and of the age of low barriers to entry, where anyone can claim to be a professional, there are certain things you should expect from a professional.
While most Digital Marketing Agencies have specific niches they work within, there is a certain commonality for what each marketing professional brings to the table.
What a Digital Marketing Professional Brings To Your Brand
• Goal Navigation: Sometimes in business it is hard to see the forest through the trees. When we are laser-focused on one specific task, other things may tend to fall by the wayside. A true marketing professional helps you figure out what marketing goals move the needle for your brand, and which matter more than others. When speaking at WordCamps, I always mention the big three goals: Content for subject matter expertise and search, Conversion and Community. Deciding what course of action to reach your goals is the role of a professional.
• Strategy: When speaking to clients, sometimes tools and tactics are considered strategy. This is not true. A true digital marketing strategy deploys tactics with a specific intent to an intended audience. By doing this, you reach more people who are truly your audience. [Learn more about audience segmentation on The New Marketing Show with Susan Baier.] By working with a marketing strategy you have a blueprint and a roadmap for your digital marketing.
• Project Management: Working with the right team means working with someone who will quarterback your projects. Whether the project is building a new website for your business or more significant marketing initiatives you can look to your professional digital marketing team to manage all the details of the project. Speaking for our company, Trinity Web Media handles everything from development, content creation, and data and goal analysis.
Digital marketing is all about details. Attention to detail takes a marketing campaign from good to beyond great. Greg Taylor
• Consulting/Ongoing Recommendations: This is where the relationship pieces all come together. Establishing a relationship with the right digital marketing partner allows them to know and understand your business. When an agency understands your business, they (we) can make recommendations for the next moves. Relying on our Review, Refine, Repeat methodology — a true digital marketing strategy never ends with the right partnership.
• Innovation and Ideas: When all the above items are in place, you can expect an influx of new ideas. Ideas to take your business to another level by doing next level things. These ideas may seem crazy at times, and maybe move you out of your comfort zone — but marketing professionals are idea people. Execute the ideas with intent and grow.
We are believers in business owners keeping your ears open, but your digital marketing circles small. Do not listen to everyone and anyone. When you keep your marketing circles small, you develop relationships with partners who have your best interests at heart. Work with a professional and get better results.