Creating effective content does not really need to be a mystery. The Trinity Web Media site talks a lot about content and how and why to create effective content. [Trinity Web Media Content Marketing Article Archive] For the record, here is a concise step by step process we use to creating effective content for your brand’s digital marketing.
• Identify Your Audience Persona: Who are you talking to and trying to help.
• Select The Medium: What medium reached the audience best.
• Where Digitally Does Your Audience Live: How can we amplify the content and reach the right people.
• What Does Success Look Like: What are the key metrics to the content’s success.
• Review: How can you make a like piece of content better next time.
The Process For Creating Effective Content
• Identify Your Audience Persona: It’s important to understand who you are trying to reach. Your content can not be all things to all people, so identify your audience before creating any content for your WordPress site, podcast, video, social media or blog.
When you identify your audience, also known as avatar or persona, you can use compelling images, tone and voice that resonate with that audience. Also, we believe good content marketing has everything to do with being helpful. Once your audience is identified, hone in on what specific problems they experience and how you can answer this important questions.
• Select The Medium: Not all audiences respond to all forms of content. Think about your audience — are they podcast listeners? Do like prefer video content? Will a long-tail blog post help serve that audience segment. The last thing you want to do is to get your key messages lost because of the medium.
• Where Digitally Does Your Audience Live: When we identify where this persona spends the bulk of their time online, we can get strategic with how to broadcast and amplify your content. Also, when we consider the broadcast strategy, we can also consider the psychology behind each platform. This helps use construct the content and make sure it is as effective as possible.
• What Does Success Look Like: It’s important to identify the metrics of success for your content marketing. it’s impossible to improve what is not measured. Consider these three metrics of success for your pieces of content: Conversion, Community or Brand Positioning.
• Review: When all is said and done, let’s review what we created, posted and how it all worked. This allows us to make sure we are moving in the right direction. Let’s do more of what works, less of what does not work and make your marketing as effective as possible.
This is our way to create effective content. You may want to add a step or two, or tweak the instructions as set above. The biggest part of digital marketing and content creation is to have a repeatable process. Fall in love with your process, and see how effective your content becomes.