Have you ever considered creating an Instagram Landing Page? It sounds silly not to have a landing page specific to the social media platform most brands invest the most time on. This is what how Trinity Web Media handles our Instagram Landing Page.
With a typical Instagram post your choices are limited. Either you link hustle or a third-party landing page source like Campsite to support your ‘Link In Bio’ text. (Link in bio is the norm on Instagram, since your posts cannot contain direct links.)
There is no way around ‘Link in Bio’ at this moment, so let’s take this opportunity to give all parties interested a better customer experience. The answer is using a WordPress Development strategy to create a branded landing page to help move all parties to the content as promised.
Please note this is not an opportunity to game the system and get people to click through and bring them God knows where. This is an opportunity to deliver on the promise that the related content is at the designated link. Take this opportunity to build social trust with your audience and deliver what you promised.
Social Landing Pages
Creating social landing pages, mainly for Instagram, is a little different than creating a product or conversion centric landing page. Instagram landing pages is a page with the links that you are publicizing on IG. The goal here is to build trust and bring your IG network into your website and introduce them to your content, areas of expertise and your brand.
Don’t worry about selling. If you can demonstrate your business’ problem solving skills, when your services are needed you will be higher in mind than the competition.
How We Did It
- Identify the content you want to drive people to from IG
- Create specific categories for the content
- Develop a new WordPress page specifically for links to the above content
- Begin the page with an Intro statement
- Place links on page. Since we use Genesis themes, we used the ‘Display Posts Shortcode‘ plugin to separate content categories on page.
- Create a page specific sidebar that highlights your company’s information and areas of expertise
- Change your Instagram profile to reflect the new site link
This social media strategy with considerate WordPress development yields a higher click through rate, builds trust, increases traffic and produces leads for your business. Give it a try and let us know how it work for your brand.