Are you ever on Facebook and notice the same post that you just saw on Instagram come across your feed? Flooded with hashtags and broken links, it’s obvious when a brand isn’t taking its social media seriously. Crossposting is essentially the act of using one designated service to broadcast the same message to each social media platform. As we say in marketing, if it’s too good to be true, it often is.
Posting the same content to each platform not only ignores the psychology of social media, it inherently makes you look lazy. When it comes down to the success of social media, theirs a lot more that goes into it then checking a box.
Don’t be the brand that puts forth half the amount of effort needed. If you plan on using social media just to check that box, you might as well stop now.
Let’s check in with the boys for episode 84 on the perils of crossposting. Enjoy!
More Episodes of The New Marketing Show
- Episode #102 The New Marketing Show: WordPress 101: Contact Forms
- Episode #101 The New Marketing Show: Being Sold a Dream By Marketing Companies
- Episode #100 The New Marketing Show: 100th Episode Round-table!
- Episode #99 The New Marketing Show: Diving into SEO Basics & Content Audits
- Episode #98 The New Marketing Show: Giving Tuesday Has Arrived!